Date/Time/Location: Friday, May 17 at 6 p.m. - Saturday, May 18 at 12 p.m., at Weldon Boat Landing, 200 Rockfish Drive.
Register on line using Pay Pal at www.historicweldonnc.com or at Weldon Town Hall, 109 Washington Ave, Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. You can also register on Friday, May 17, between 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. at River Falls Park Pavilion (located beside N.C. Wildlife Boat Ramp). Organizers reserve the right to postpone tournament activity if Roanoke River at Weldon is deemed unfishable due to weather or other uncontrollable acts outside the control of tournament directors. Credit will be given for entry in next year's event.
1. Launching Time: ALL boats must launch from Weldon boat landing. Lines in 6p.m. on Friday, May 17. (NO EXCEPTIONS). Lines out Saturday, May 18 at 11:30am. ALL ANGLERS must be present and in line at 12p.m. to weigh in at River Falls Park Pavilion; awards to follow.
2. Boundaries: Weldon boat landing to Hwy. 258 Bridge.
3. Weigh In: Individual Angler must weigh in TWO (2) Catfish. Each angler has two zip tags for the TWO (2) Catfish you want to weigh. Once the Catfish is tagged, it will be weighed. If you remove or damage the tag before weight in, that tag is voided. Suggestion from tournament officials is that you tag your Catfish right before you bring them in for weigh-in. Catfish that appears to be altered in any form; either biologically or artificially, will be disqualified. Catfish presented for official weigh-in are subject to internal and external examination by tournament officials. Any angler who displays poor sportsmanship or violates tournament rules will be disqualified. The angler with the largest overall weight will win. Each registered angler must weigh in their Catfish only; no substitutes or weighing in another anglers Catfish. Each angler will have a number and must present it at weigh in to be eligible for prize money. In the event of a tie, the angler who weighs in first will be declared the winner. The weigh masters decision will be FINAL. In the event of a tie, the first angler weighing in will be the winner.
4. Rules and Regulations: The Catfish must be caught on HOOK AND LINE; no jug, noodling, bow or any other method of harvesting will be allowed. Any hooks or other items used in the harvest of the fish must be removed prior to presenting the fish for weigh-in. Each angler is required to cooperate with all reasonable requests from officials; including North Carolina Wildlife Officers.
5. Altered Catfish: Any Catfish that appears to be altered in any form other than its normal biological makeup will be ineligible and may disqualify the angler from the tournament. Any foreign objects found in or on the fish being presented for weigh-in will not be allowed. Ice, sinkers, rocks, sand, or any other items found inside the Catfish will be grounds for disqualification. The tournament director or weigh in officials may require the angler to expose the Catfish stomach to determine if it contains an object that would disqualify the Catfish.
6. Categories & Prizes: Based on the combined weight of TWO (2) Catfish weighed in. Payout for the tournament will be 3 places deep. The pot will be based on the number of entries. The tournament will retain 20% of each entry fee for operational cost with the remaining 80% divided up as follows: 1st place 50%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%. For Example, based on 50 angler entries @ $30.00 = $1,500.00-20% Tournament pot would be $ 1,200.00, 1st place would be $750.00, 2nd place $300.00, 3rd place $150.00; the more entries, the larger the pots. Teen & Guppy Anglers will be competing for trophies, 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
7. Adult Calcutta Pool: Largest Catfish overall for adult anglers. $10.00 entry fee per adult angler. The payout will be 80% of pot; tournament retains 20%. This is where anglers can win some cash; the more entries, the larger the pot. Example of possible payout: 20 entries @ $10.00= $200.00/80%= $160.00 payout. 8. Teen & Guppy Calcutta Pool: Largest Catfish overall; $5.00 entry fee per angler. Teen & guppy anglers will receive 100% of Calcutta payouts for their division, but not the overall pot. Proceeds go to helping Historic Weldon promote and revitalize historic landmarks.
|Town of Weldon
The Daily Herald
First Media Radio
G.W. Hux & Co.
Halifax County Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
|M.J. Price Construction Co., Inc.
Meherrin River Forest Products
J.E. Kerr Timber Co.
David Body Shop, Inc.
Farm Bureau Insurance Co. of Halifax
|Drugco Discount Pharmacy
Weldon Steel Corp.
Patch Rubber Co.
Lowe’s Home Improvement