2020 Rockfish Tournament Rules
1. POSTPONE TOURNAMENT: Organizers reserve the right to postpone tournament activity if the Roanoke River is deemed unfishable due to weather or other uncontrollable acts outside the control of tournament directors; credit will be given for entry into next year’s event.
2. BOUNDARIES: Weldon Boat Landing to Hwy. 258 Bridge
3. BOAT LAUNCHING/DEPARTS: Start time begins at 6 a.m. Boats & kayaks must launch from Weldon Boat Landing. NO EXCEPTIONS!
4. LOCAL/STATE/ FEDERAL GAME & FISHING REGULATIONS: Regulations state the creel limit is two (2) fish per person. Minimum size is 18 inches. No fish between 22 and 27 inches may be retained. Each angler will be given two tags (zip ties) for the two fish you want to weigh in. Once the fish is tagged, it will be weighted. If you remove or damage the tag before weigh in, that tag is voided. Officials suggest you tag your fish right before you bring them to weigh in. Fish that appears to be altered in any form; either biologically or artificially, will be disqualified. Fish presented for official weighin are subject to internal and external examination by tournament officials and North Carolina Wildlife Officers. Any Angler who displays poor sportsmanship, violates tournament rules, or violates fish and game laws and receives a citation during the tournament will be disqualified.
5. TOURNAMENT END TIME/WEIGH IN: Lines out at 3:30 pm. Anglers MUST be in line by 4PM to qualify to weigh in at Weldon Mills; awards to follow. The tournament will consist of (2) two fish weigh-in requirement per angler. The weigh master will weigh the fish in the presence of the angler and complete a weigh-in slip. Anglers will sign their weigh- in slip and be provided a copy. In event of a tie, first angler to weigh in will be the winner. Weight master's decision is FINAL.
7. CALCUTTA POOL $10.00 entry fee for Men & Women for largest Rockfish. Overall payout will be 80% of the pot; tournament retains 20%. This is where anglers can win some cash; the more entries into the Calcutta, the larger the pot. Example of possible payout: 20 entries @ $10.00=$200.00 @ 80% = $160.00 payout. Teen/guppy anglers will receive 100% of Calcutta payouts for their division.
8. PROTEST must be recorded with the tournament officials during the tournament or within 10 minutes of the completion of the weigh in. If an angler is found to be in violation of any of the tournament rules or state/federal regulations, the angler will be expelled from the tournament and may face bands from any or all tournaments in the future.
9. DAMAGE/CLAIMS/INJURY: By signing this form, tournament participants waive and release all contestants, sponsors and tournament officials from claims, injury or damage incurred in connection with this tournament.
|Event Date||04-18-2020 6:00 am|
|Event End Date||04-18-2020 4:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||02-05-2020|
|Cut off date||04-17-2020 5:00 pm|
|Individual Price||View Options|