109 Washington Ave, Weldon, NC 27890

Weldon's 10th Annual Rock the Roanoke

Weldon's 10th Annual Rock the Roanoke

2020 Rockfish Tournament Rules

1. POSTPONE TOURNAMENT:  Organizers reserve the right to postpone tournament activity if the Roanoke River is deemed unfishable due to weather or other uncontrollable acts outside the control of tournament directors; credit will be given for entry into next year’s event.

2. BOUNDARIES: Weldon Boat Landing to Hwy. 258 Bridge

3. BOAT LAUNCHING/DEPARTS:     Start time begins at 6 a.m.  Boats & kayaks must launch from Weldon Boat Landing.  NO EXCEPTIONS!

4. LOCAL/STATE/ FEDERAL GAME & FISHING REGULATIONS:   Regulations state the creel limit is two (2) fish per person.  Minimum size is 18 inches.  No fish between 22 and 27 inches may be retained.  Each angler will be given two tags (zip ties) for the two fish you want to weigh in.   Once the fish is tagged, it will be weighted.  If you remove or damage the tag before weigh in, that tag is voided.  Officials suggest you tag your fish right before you bring them to weigh in.  Fish that appears to be altered in any form; either biologically or artificially, will be disqualified.  Fish presented for official weighin are subject to internal and external examination by tournament officials and North Carolina Wildlife Officers. Any Angler who displays poor sportsmanship, violates tournament rules, or violates fish and game laws and receives a citation during the tournament will be disqualified. 

5. TOURNAMENT END TIME/WEIGH IN:   Lines out at 3:30 pm. Anglers MUST be in line by 4PM to qualify to weigh in at Weldon Mills; awards to follow. The tournament will consist of (2) two fish weigh-in requirement per angler.   The weigh master will weigh the fish in the presence of the angler and complete a weigh-in slip.   Anglers will sign their weigh- in slip and be provided a copy.  In event of a tie, first angler to weigh in will be the winner. Weight master's decision is FINAL.

6. CATAGORIES/PRIZES:  Based on the combined weight of two (2) Rockfish weighed in.  The payout for the tournament will be 3 places deep. The pot will be based on the number of entries.  The tournament will retain 20% of each entry fee.  The remaining 80% divided up as follows:  1st place 50%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%.  For example: based on 50 angler This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.=$1,500.00-20% Tournament pot would be $1,200.00.  1st place-$750.00, 2nd place-$300.00, 3rd place-$150.00; the more entries, the larger the pot. Teen & guppy anglers will be competing for tropies-1st, 2nd & 3rd place.

7. CALCUTTA POOL $10.00 entry fee for Men & Women for largest Rockfish.  Overall payout will be 80% of the pot; tournament retains 20%.  This is where anglers can win some cash; the more entries into the Calcutta, the larger the pot. Example of possible payout: 20 entries @ $10.00=$200.00 @ 80% = $160.00 payout.  Teen/guppy anglers will receive 100% of Calcutta payouts for their division.

8. PROTEST must be recorded with the tournament officials during the tournament or within 10 minutes of the completion of the weigh in.  If an angler is found to be in violation of any of the tournament rules or state/federal regulations, the angler will be expelled from the tournament and may face bands from any or all tournaments in the future.

9. DAMAGE/CLAIMS/INJURY: By signing this form, tournament participants waive and release all contestants, sponsors and tournament officials from claims, injury or damage incurred in connection with this tournament.

Event Properties

Event Date 04-18-2020 6:00 am
Event End Date 04-18-2020 4:00 pm
Registration Start Date 02-05-2020
Capacity Unlimited
Registered 0
Cut off date 04-17-2020 5:00 pm
Individual Price View Options

Tournament Sponsors

Event Sponsors: 51 Sycamore, Byrne Acquisition Group, DDRUGCO Discount Pharmacy, Garner Landscaping & Lawn Care, Inc. Halifax County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Halifax Farm Bureau Insurance, M.J. Price Construction Co., Inc., New Dixie Oil Corporation, Rick’s Country Supermarket, Riverside Mill, Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, Weldon Mills Distillery
Sunday, April 05, 2020

About Us

Visit Historic Weldon, “Rockfish Capital of the World” and discover our rich history of the Wilmington and Weldon Railroad; the Confederate cemetery, the Roanoke Canal Trail and see the amazing Chockoyotte Creek Aqueduct. Walk through Weldon’s National Register Historic District ... Read more