1. POSTPONE TOURNAMENT: Organizers reserve the right to postpone tournament activity if the Roanoke River is deemed unfishable due to weather or other uncontrollable acts outside the control of tournament directors.
2. BOUNDARIES: Weldon boat landing to Hwy. 258 Bridge
3. LAUNCHING TIME: ALL boats must launch from Weldon Boat Landing at 6AM; NO EXCEPTIONS. Lines out at 3:30 PM. ALL ANGLERS MUST be in line at 4 PM to weigh in at Weldon Mills; awards to follow.
4. RULES/REGULATIONS: It is the angler's responsibility to check and know the fishing regulations. Live bait or artificial baits are allowable as long as the hooks comply with state fishing regulations. Only hook and line, caught in the mouth, Hickory Shad are only eligible, American Shad are not. Shad that appear to have been snared or foul hooked will not be eligible for weigh-in. Each angler must comply and obey all state and federal fishing regulations during the tournament. Any angler found to have violated any regulation will be disqualified from the tournament and forfeit their entry. Each angler is required to cooperate with all reasonable requests from officials; including North Carolina Wildlife Officers
5.TOURNAMENT END TIME/WEIGH IN: Lines out at 3:30PM. Anglers MUST be in line no later than 4PM to weigh in at Weldon Mills; awards to follow Two (2) Hickory Shad chosen by the angler. Each angler has zip tags for the Hickory Shad you want to weigh; once the Hickory Shad is tagged, it will be weighed. If you remove or damage the tag before weight in, that tag is voided. Suggestion from tournament officials is that you tag your Hickory Shad right before you bring them in for weigh-in. The weigh master will weigh the Hickory Shad in the presence of the angler and will complete the weigh-in slip. The angler will sign and have a copy of the weight-in slip. The weigh master's decision is FINAL. In event of a tie; first angler to weigh in will be the winner.
6. BAIT: Live bait or artificial baits are allowable as long as the hooks comply with state fishing regulations. It is the angler's responsibility to check and know the fishing regulations.
7. CATACH/RELEASE: It is encouraged for Hickory Shad less than 2 pounds. Healthy Hickory Shad released will help promote and preserve the fishery for future anglers.
8. CATAGORIES/PRIZES: Based on the combined weight of two (2)Hickory Shad weighed in. The payout for the tournament will be 3 places deep. The pot will be based on the number of entries. The tournament will retain 20% of each entry fee for operational cost with the remaining 80% divided up as follows: 1st place 50%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%. For Example: based on 50 angler entries @ $30.00 = $1,500.00 – 20% Tournament pot would be $1,200.00. 1st place would be $750.00, 2nd place $300.00, 3rd place $150.00; the more entries, the larger the pots. Teen & guppy anglers will be competing for trophies 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
9. CALCUTTA POOL: $10.00 entry fee for Men & Women for largest Hickory Shad. Overall payout will be 80% of the pot; tournament retains 20%. This is where anglers can win some cash; the more entries, the larger the pot. Example of possible payout: 20 entries @ $10.00= $200.00@80% = $160.00 payout. Teen & guppy anglers will receive 100% for their division.
10. DAMAGE/CLAIM/INJURY: By signing this form, tournament participants waive and release all contestants, sponsors and tournament officials from claims, injury or damage incurred in connection with this tournament.
Release: I have read and am familiar with the official rules and regulations. In signing this application, I hereby waive and release all contestants, sponsors and tournament officials from all claims, injury or damage incurred in connection with this tournament. I understand that I may be subject to a polygraph before winnings are paid or be disqualified from any winnings if found in violation of any state or tournament rules. It is the responsibility of each angler to ensure their safety on and off the river at all times during the tournament. Teen and Guppy anglers need to be accompanied by an adult at all times while fishing on/near river banks due to the nature and possible hazardous conditions near the water. Tournament officials and each entity associated with the tournament are not liable for any damages or injuries to anglers or their respective property at any time during the tournament. Each angler assumes the risk involved and release liability by signing this entry form. All teen/guppy anglers must have guardian/legal custodian sign release before being allowed to participate.
|Event Date||03-14-2020 6:00 am|
|Event End Date||03-14-2020 4:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||02-05-2020|
|Cut off date||03-13-2020 5:00 pm|
|Individual Price||View Options|